Friday, March 25, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome to DrawByFaith.com. I’m Martha and I’m a professional artist of 10+ years. I’m a preacher’s kid and love the Bible and how I’ve seen God work through His Word to touch others and teach. My first book was a King James Version Bible. I’m happily married going on 9 years now and have two beautiful little girls age 6 and 3. Shortly after my first child was born work moved us to Florida and away from everything I’d ever known.
We were able to buy our own home three years ago after having my second and we were able to have my mother, who has several chronic illnesses and disabilities, come live with us. Earlier this year I had been going through a tough time with stress from my own sickness and that of my mother and had been feeling very overwhelmed. I had seen a few posts here and there about Bible Journaling but didn’t really know much about it. I had a conversation with my mother in law about how I felt overwhelmed and the next morning she saw one of the Bible Journalists that had gone viral on facebook and knew immediately that God was leading her to purchase a starter kit for me.
That afternoon I dropped my children off with her so that I could go spend some time with my husband and, with tear filled eyes, she handed me a gift bag. I opened it to find my first Journaling Bible and a kit with Gelly Roll pens, a nice ruler, and three Sakura Micron pens (which she would have never known was actually my pen of choice). Thus my journey into Bible Journaling started. Over the past few months I’ve mooned over all the beautiful art in all of the groups and made only a few contributions of my own.
Almost daily I see questions asked about the difference between certain products and which work best for what. I thought that it would be nice to have all of this information in one place and preform side by side comparisons and test pages in another Bible so that people can make informed decisions and choose what would work best for them on their budget. I’m a stay at home mom so I don’t have alot of cash flow to buy the more expensive products and will splurge maybe once every other month on something nice.
This blog will be updated as tests are requested or questions are asked. Please don’t hesitate to donate to keep this page going. I look forward to the journey we will share together through Bible Journaling. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment